We are excited about your interest in Class XII of the UF/IFAS Wedgworth Leadership Institute for Agriculture and Natural Resources. This program is designed to further develop the leadership qualities of men and women to equip them to become increasingly involved in the decision-making process of issues which will shape the future of Florida’s agriculture and natural resources sectors, as well as their local communities. Below are additional details about the program.
- Candidates must be at least 25 years of age by the beginning of Seminar I (November 2023).
- Candidates must have resided in Florida for at least one year.
- Candidates should earn a substantial portion of their income from agriculture, natural resources, and allied industries.
- Candidates should be dedicated to taking leadership roles (professional or public-service) in the years ahead.
During a twenty-two month period, Class XII members will participate in 11 study/travel seminars involving about 55 days. These seminars are scheduled on alternating months with Seminar I scheduled for November 2023. Nine seminars, three to five days in length, will be held in locations throughout Florida. One seminar will take place in two U.S. regions and one in two or three countries.
We hope you will give serious consideration to applying for this class. To become a candidate, you will need to complete an application. The application requires a thorough review of your professional history and may require a significant amount of time to complete. For this reason, we have created an online portal that allows you to save your application progress and return to it as your work towards completion. Applications must be submitted by Thursday, June 15 (11:59 PM EST).
If you have any issues with the online application, please contact Christy Chiarelli (firstname.lastname@example.org | 352-392-1041 ) or Anne Parrish (email@example.com).
Once you have applied and it is determined that you meet all the program criteria, you will be invited to participate in a selection seminar. You must participate in one of these seminars to be considered for the program. The selection seminars will be in August at various locations around the state. Invitations to selection seminars will begin in early June. Below are the dates and locations of Selection Seminars for your reference.
- Tuesday, August 8 – Gainesville
- Wednesday, August 9 – Quincy
- Wednesday, August 16 – Bartow
- Thursday, August 17 – Belle Glade
If accepted into Class XI, tuition for the program is $5,000. Half of tuition ($2,500) is due when the participant accepts the invitation to participate in the program. The other half of tuition ($2,500) is due at the beginning of the second year of the program – fall 2024. There are scholarships and payment plans available. You may apply for a scholarship as part of the application process.
It is encouraged that you reach out to members of Classes I-XI to learn more about the experience.
- A list of alumni is available on our website.
- Additionally, this one-pager is designed to provide your employer with a brief overview of the program and potential benefits is available.
- WLI Model – This one-pager provides an outline of the program and the skills class members develop throughout the 22 months.